Giove

▌ Alla scoperta di Giove

#BELLAUMBRIA

 

{« translation »:[{« lang »: »it », »content »: »

La toponomastica del paese di Giove non risale ad un presunto tempio o culto del dio Giove (nessun tempio vi è mai stato trovato benché il culto della divinità fosse diffusissimo in tutto il Lazio) bensì al vocabolo latino « jugum », « vetta » entro due valli, che corrisponde perfettamente alla situazione geografica del paese.

A sostegno di ciò, nelle carte del Medioevo, viene chiamata Juvo o Jugo: si veda ad es. un documento del 8 Aug 1191 citato da Luciano Canonici nel suo libro « Alviano / Una rocca – una famiglia – un popolo » (Edizioni Porziuncola). L’etimologia che vorrebbe il nome attuale derivare da un presunto Jovis (Giove) è invece da far risalire prettamente ad una semplice tradizione popolare.

>>Vuoi visitare Giove? Consulta ora le offerte dei migliori hotel nelle vicinanze.

>> Ci sono offerte  in scadenza per agriturismi nella zona di Giove! Clicca e consultale subito.

In epoca romana il centro acquisisce grande importanza grazie al porto fluviale di San Valentino, sul fiume Tevere e difatti sono frequenti i reperti archeologici di epoca romana, da monete a tombe e resti di ville romane. Come gli altri feudi vicini, Giove fu conteso tra le nobili famiglie del posto e il papato, fino ad epoca signorile, quando il papa dona Giove alla famiglia degli Anguillara. Nel 1465 la famigli Amerini occupa il castello, consegnandolo a Paolo II Farnese.
Alla signoria dei Farnese subentra, nel XVI secolo, quella dei Mattei che fanno erigere una parte dell’imponente palazzo a pianta quadrata. Circa le bellezze del paese, la pi nota ed interessante, è sicuramente il Palazzo Ducale unico per la rampa interna percorribile con le carrozze fino al piano nobile. L’inizio della costruzione è dovuto alla volontà del Duca Ciriaco Mattei nel XVI sec. di recuperare a residenza privata di rappresentanza un antico fortilizio.

Gli interni sono arricchiti dagli interventi pittorici con soggetto mitologico e biblico fatti risalire rispettivamente ad artisti quali il Domenichino, l’Alfani e Paolo Veronesi. Da vedere è anche la Chiesa Parrocchiale, di epoca barocca, la cui facciata è inquadrata da due campanili simmetrici. Il centro storico è un classico esempio di impianto medioevale: una fitta serie di vicoli si intreccia all’interno del perimetro delimitato dalle mura medievali e caratterizzato dal sovrapporsi di archi, scale e contrafforti. Sulla porta di ingresso del borgo è posto il monogramma di San Bernardino, che durante la sua opera di apostolato evangelizzò queste terre nei primi anni del XV secolo.

 >>Se hai deciso di visitare Giove ti consigliamo di contattare ora gli hotel nelle sue vicinanze >> clicca questo link.

« },{« lang »: »en », »content »: »The map of the village of Giove is not due to a presumed temple or cult of the God Giove (no temple has been found even if the cult of the divinity was very spread in all the Lazio region) but to the Latin word « jugum », « vetta » between two valleys, that perfectly fits the geographic location of the village.

Of support to this theory, in the maps of the Middle Ages, it was called Juvo or Jugo: one can see for example a document dating back to August 8th 1191 cited by Luciano Canonici in his book « Alviano / A rock – a family – a population » (Editions Porziuncola). The etymology that would want that the actual name comes from a presumed Jovis (Giove) can just be connected to a simple popular tradition. During the Roman era the center acquires a great importance thanks to the fluvial port of Saint Valentino, on the Tevere river and consequently the archeological discoveries from that time are frequent, from coins to tombs and ruins of Roman villa. Like the other close by lands, Giove was disputed between the noble families of the area and the Pope, up to the seigneurial era, when the Pope gave Giove to the family of the Anguillara. In 1465 the Amerini family took the castle, giving it to Paolo II Farnese.

In the seigneury of the Farnese family enters, during the XVIth century, the one of the Mattei family that orders the building of a part of the imposing palace having a squared design. About the beauties of the village, the most famous and interesting it without any doubt the Duke Palace, unique for the internal stairs where the coaches could enter up to the noble floor. The beginning of the building is due to the willing of the Duke Ciriaco Mattei, during the XVIth century, to transform in a private residence of representation an antique small fort. The internal part is enriched of the painting interventions with mythological and biblical subjects made respectively by artists such as Domenichino, Alfani and Paolo Veronesi. You should also see the Parochial Church, dating back to the baroque era, which front is surrounded by two symmetrical bells. The historic center is a classical example of a Medieval plan: big series of small streets crossing each other inside the area demarcated by the Medieval walls and characterized by a superposition of arches, stairs and buttresses. On the entrance door of the village there is the monogram of Saint Bernardino, who during his apostolate evangelized these lands in the first years of the XVth century.

« },{« lang »: »es », »content »: »The map of the village of Giove is not due to a presumed temple or cult of the God Giove (no temple has been found even if the cult of the divinity was very spread in all the Lazio region) but to the Latin word « jugum », « vetta » between two valleys, that perfectly fits the geographic location of the village.

Of support to this theory, in the maps of the Middle Ages, it was called Juvo or Jugo: one can see for example a document dating back to August 8th 1191 cited by Luciano Canonici in his book « Alviano / A rock – a family – a population » (Editions Porziuncola). The etymology that would want that the actual name comes from a presumed Jovis (Giove) can just be connected to a simple popular tradition. During the Roman era the center acquires a great importance thanks to the fluvial port of Saint Valentino, on the Tevere river and consequently the archeological discoveries from that time are frequent, from coins to tombs and ruins of Roman villa. Like the other close by lands, Giove was disputed between the noble families of the area and the Pope, up to the seigneurial era, when the Pope gave Giove to the family of the Anguillara. In 1465 the Amerini family took the castle, giving it to Paolo II Farnese.

In the seigneury of the Farnese family enters, during the XVIth century, the one of the Mattei family that orders the building of a part of the imposing palace having a squared design. About the beauties of the village, the most famous and interesting it without any doubt the Duke Palace, unique for the internal stairs where the coaches could enter up to the noble floor. The beginning of the building is due to the willing of the Duke Ciriaco Mattei, during the XVIth century, to transform in a private residence of representation an antique small fort. The internal part is enriched of the painting interventions with mythological a
nd biblical subjects made respectively by artists such as Domenichino, Alfani and Paolo Veronesi. You should also see the Parochial Church, dating back to the baroque era, which front is surrounded by two symmetrical bells. The historic center is a classical example of a Medieval plan: big series of small streets crossing each other inside the area demarcated by the Medieval walls and characterized by a superposition of arches, stairs and buttresses. On the entrance door of the village there is the monogram of Saint Bernardino, who during his apostolate evangelized these lands in the first years of the XVth century.

« },{« lang »: »de », »content »: »The map of the village of Giove is not due to a presumed temple or cult of the God Giove (no temple has been found even if the cult of the divinity was very spread in all the Lazio region) but to the Latin word « jugum », « vetta » between two valleys, that perfectly fits the geographic location of the village.

Of support to this theory, in the maps of the Middle Ages, it was called Juvo or Jugo: one can see for example a document dating back to August 8th 1191 cited by Luciano Canonici in his book « Alviano / A rock – a family – a population » (Editions Porziuncola). The etymology that would want that the actual name comes from a presumed Jovis (Giove) can just be connected to a simple popular tradition. During the Roman era the center acquires a great importance thanks to the fluvial port of Saint Valentino, on the Tevere river and consequently the archeological discoveries from that time are frequent, from coins to tombs and ruins of Roman villa. Like the other close by lands, Giove was disputed between the noble families of the area and the Pope, up to the seigneurial era, when the Pope gave Giove to the family of the Anguillara. In 1465 the Amerini family took the castle, giving it to Paolo II Farnese.

In the seigneury of the Farnese family enters, during the XVIth century, the one of the Mattei family that orders the building of a part of the imposing palace having a squared design. About the beauties of the village, the most famous and interesting it without any doubt the Duke Palace, unique for the internal stairs where the coaches could enter up to the noble floor. The beginning of the building is due to the willing of the Duke Ciriaco Mattei, during the XVIth century, to transform in a private residence of representation an antique small fort. The internal part is enriched of the painting interventions with mythological and biblical subjects made respectively by artists such as Domenichino, Alfani and Paolo Veronesi. You should also see the Parochial Church, dating back to the baroque era, which front is surrounded by two symmetrical bells. The historic center is a classical example of a Medieval plan: big series of small streets crossing each other inside the area demarcated by the Medieval walls and characterized by a superposition of arches, stairs and buttresses. On the entrance door of the village there is the monogram of Saint Bernardino, who during his apostolate evangelized these lands in the first years of the XVth century.

« },{« lang »: »fr », »content »: »La toponyme du village de Giove ne remonte pas à un temple présumé ou à un culte du Dieu Giove (aucun temple n’a jamais été trouvé bien que le culte de la divinité ne soit diffusé dans toute la région du Lazio) mais bien au vocabulaire latin « jugum », « sommet » entre deux vallées, qui correspond parfaitement à la situation géographique du village.

Soutenant cette thèse, dans les cartes du Moyen-Âge, il était appelé Juvo ou Jugo: on peut voir, par exemple un document du 8 Août 1191 cité par Luciano Canonici dans son livre « Alviano / Un rocher – une famille – un peuple » (Editions Porziuncola). L’étymologie qui veut que le nom actuel dérive d’un présumé Jovis (Giove) est en revanche à faire remonter à une simple tradition populaire.

A l’époque romaine, le centre prend une grande importance grâce au port fluvial de San Valentino, sur le fleuve Tevere et, de fait, les restes archéologiques datant de l’époque romaine sont nombreux, des pièces aux tombe set ruines de villes romaines. Comme d’autres domaines féodaux voisins, Giove fût disputé entre les familles nobles de l’endroit et la Papauté, jusqu’à l’époque seigneuriale, quand le Pape donna Giove à la familles des Anguillara. En 1465 la famille Amerini occupa le château, le livrant à Paolo II Farnese.

A la seigneurie des Farnese succéda, au 16ème siècle, celle des Mattei qui firent construire une partie de l’imposant palais à plan carré. En ce qui concerne les beautés du village, la plus connue et intéressante est sûrement le Palais Ducal, unique pour sa rampe d’escalier interne parcourable avec les carrosses jusqu’à l’étage noble. Le début de la construction est dû à la volonté du Duc Ciriaco Mattei au 16ème siècle de récupérer en tant que résidence privée de réception une antique forteresse.

L’intérieur est enrichi par les peintures de sujets mythologiques et bibliques que l’on peut faire remonter respectivement à des artistes tels que Domenichino, Alfani et Paolo Veronesi. A voir également l’église paroissiale, d’époque baroque, dont la façade est encadrée par deux clochers symétriques. Le centre historique est un exemple classique de plan médiéval: une longue série de ruelles s’entrelace à l’intérieur d’un périmètre délimité par les murs médiévaux et caractérisé par la superposition d’arcs, d’escaliers et de contreforts. Sur la porte d’entrée du village se trouve le monogramme de San Bernardino, qui pendant sa période d’apostolat évangélisa ces terres au cours des premières années du 15ème siècle.

« }]}

Agriturismo
LA PALOMBARA

Ristorante
C'ERA UNA VOLTA IN AMELIA

Prodotti del territorio
CANTINE ZANCHI

▌ Punti di interesse turistico 

Mappa della città