In 1527, in the day following the sacking of Rome, Pope Clement VII took refuge in Orvieto.
To provision with water the Albornoz fortress in case of siege or conflict, this well was built, based on a plan of Antonio da Sangallo il Giovane. The St. Patrick well, completed in 1537, is 62 metres deep and, at the inside, two double-spiralled stairwells were made, planned for easier transportation of water.
- JANUARY - FEBRUARY - NOVEMBER - DECEMBER -> From 10.00 to 17.00;
- MARCH - APRIL - SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER -> Form 9.00 to 19.00;
- MAY - JUNE - JULY - AUGUST -> Form 9.00 to 20.00.
- Full rate € 4.50;
- Reduced-rate € 3.50 (groups, students, elderly people, children, handicapped);
- Cumulative full ticket St. Patrick Well and Greco Museum € 5.50;
- Cumulative reduced ticket St. Patrick Well and Greco Museum € 4.00 (groups, students, elderly people, children, disabled).
Are you interested in a vacation to discover the history and culture of Orvieto? >> Discover best accommodations in Orvieto area for artistic and cultural stays.