The name of Marsciano first appears in the literature on 1004, but the real origins of the village, as it is the case for all the other villages founded after the barbaric invasions, are not known.
The Bulgarellis, a longobard family, owned the village as a feud, on the XII century, and yielded it towards Perugia on 1281 to impeed Todi conquering the village. As it happened for other villages, after the Perugia dominion, Marsciano was owned by the papal State and shared the fate with it. The marvelous view of the hills around the village, reminds the paintings of the umbrian artists of the '400's. Remarkable, in the village, a fresco made by "Perugino" to be found in the curch of Cerqueto.