La Rocca Paolina, the University for Foreigners, the Sala dei Notari of Palazzo dei Priori, the della Sapienza Theatre and the German Institute of Perugia together, for an appointment, at the Grotta Bella of Santa Restituta, Avigliano Umbro, will be the places of the 8th edition of Bagliori d'Autore (Author Gleams), National Festival of Literature. From February 22nd to March 2nd, 2013.
Each year the Festival focuses on a writer, analyzing him through the most unusual reading levels: music, cinema, theatre, lectures, cultural itineraries and special guests. At the center of 2013 Bagliori d'Autore there will be the great Russian novelist and essayist Fyodor Dostoevsky.
It starts Friday, February 22nd, 2013, University for Foreigners of Perugia and from 18:00, with the opening concert of the Festival Suite Russa - The music of the great Russian authors of the 18th century amongs the pages of Fyodor Dostoevsky: the soprano Chiung Wen Chang and the pianist Nadia Calzoni will perform pieces by Tchaikovsky, Rimsky-Korsakov and Glinka joined by some dramatized readings drawn from the works of Dostoevsky.
The second performance will be theatrical. Saturday, February 23rd, 21:00, and Sunday 24th, 17:00 and 21:00, at the Teatro della Sapienza will stage Il giocatore (The Gambler), adapted and directed by Mario Coletti.
Sunday, February 24th, 2013, by 9:00 am and at the Grotta Bella (Bella Grotto) of Santa Restituta, Avigliano Umbro, Memorie del Sottosuolo (Memoirs of the Underground). Inside the grotto will be performed a reading of the pages of the Russian writer, drawing inspiration from "Notes from Underground".
From Tuesday, February 26th space to the conferences, which will be 4:
- Così Bella, Così Dolce (So Beautiful, So Sweet). From the short story "A Gentle Creature" to the masterpiece of the great French director Robert Bresson A Gentle Woman, leads Luigi Cimmino. 18:00, Sala Binni (former Sant'Angelo della Pace in Porta Sole Church) of the Biblioteca Augusta of Perugia;
- Tuesday, February 26th at 17:00, University for Foreigners of Perugia, Letteratura del Sottosuolo e dell'Oltretomba (Literature of the Underground and of the Underworld) by Marika Piva. At the center there will be two works "The House of the Dead" and again, "Notes from Underground";
- always Tuesday 26th and always at the University for Foreigners, but by 18:00, Anatomia di un Delitto (Anatomy of a Murder), meeting with focus on "Crime and Punishment". By Mariangela Miotti;
- Thursday, February 28th, 2013, 17:00, at the Sala dei Notari of Palazzo dei Priori Gerardo Guccini in Patologie e Creatività: l'Artista Malato (Pathologies and Creativity: the Sick Artist).
From Wednesday, February 27th instead space to I Grandi Ospiti (The Great Guests). 3, all at the Sala dei Notari:
- at 21:00 Aniello Arena, detained-actor recently at the cinema with "Reality" by Matteo Garrone, in L'Altra Libertà (The Other Liberty). Starting from the theme of the sentence, so dear to Dostoevsky since he was imprisoned in Siberia between 1849 and 1854, will be discussed the present world of the prison;
- Thursday 28th and from 17:00 Guido Barlozzetti, a scholar of communication and history of television, as well as a television presenter, will remember the charm and atmospheres of the RAI great television dramas that in the 50s and 60s led to the general public works of Dostoevsky as "The Idiot", "The Brothers Karamazov" and "Crime and Punishment", with actors the likes of Giorgio Albertazzi, Umberto Orsini, Lea Massari, Corrado Pani, Luigi Vannucchi. The title of the appointment is Dosto TV;
- Friday March 1st, 2013, 15:00, the former judge of the pool of Milan, famous for the investigations and the processes Mani pulite, Loggia P2, Imi-Sir/Lodo Mondadori/Sme, Gherardo Colombo with the meeting entitled Il Grande Inquisitore (The Grand Inquisitor). Inspired by one of his most interesting essay, “Il peso della libertà” ("The burden of freedom"), Colombo will develop valuable reflections on the culture of the justice and on the deep meaning of the rules. Freedom, justice of guilt and atonement, topics so dear to Dostoevkij topics, issues all, from that of freedom, that of justice of guilt and atonement, themes always alive and present in many works of Dostoevsky.
With regard to the Cinema section, Thursday, February 28th, 2013, at 20:15, in the Sala dei Notari will be screened Ho Ucciso! (Crime and Punishment) of the 1935 and by Joseph Von Sternberg, the first sound film from "Crime and Punishment". Friday, March 1st, 2013, from 20:30 at the Istituto Tedesco (German Institute) of Piazza Raffaello, La Donna Con I Cinque Elefanti (The Woman With The Five Elephants), documentary film directed by Vadim Jendreyko on the return in Ukraine of Svetlana Geier, considered the greatest translator of Russian literature into German.
To close 2013 Bagliori d'Autore will be a pièce. On March 2nd at 21:00, replica on the next day at 17:00 and 21:00, Il Principe Myskin, play in two acts based on the novel "The Idiot", adapted and directed by Bruno Taburchi. Teatro della Sapienza.
For more information, visit baglioridautore.com.