40 years after the first (1973, ed) Perugia, from July 5th to 14th, 2013, will host the new edition of Umbria Jazz, one of the most important and popolar music festivals in the world.
Umbria Jazz 13, as usual of the last editions, will not propose only "pure" jazz , but also pop, soul, reggae and contamination. The programme can be divided into 6 sections.
At the historic Arena Santa Giuliana, Main Stage, will take place the most important concerts, all for a fee and beginning at 21:00 / 21:30:
- first artist to perform, Friday, July 5th, 2013, will be Diana Krall with his latest work "Glad Rag Doll";
- another pleasant return the next day, July 6th, with Sonny Rollins, the Sax Colussus, accompanied by Paolo Fresu & Enrico Rava;
- outstanding super Trio, which this year celebrates 30 of activity, Sunday, July 7th namely Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohnette;
- Monday, July 8yh, 2013 there will be an absolute debut for the Perugia Festival, when the American John Legend will perform;
- July 9th will be a full "Tricolore" evening thanks to Mario Biondi & Pino Daniele;
- Dee Dee Bridgewater & Ramsey Lewis Quintet protagonists of Wednesday, July 10th with "The Soul of Jazz". To open their concert Simona Molinari & Peter Cincotti (participating this year at the Sanremo Festival, ed), accompanied by Franco Cerri;
- another come back on July 11th, 2013, with Wynton Marsalis and his Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra, special guests the 2 amazing singers Cecile McLorin Salvant and Gregory Porter;
- an amazing world exclusive Friday, July 12th, when at the Arena Santa Giuliana will perform the power piano Duo formed by Herbie Hancock & Chick Corea;
- the next day, July 13th, the jazz will blend to classical music thanks to the meeting between Stefano Bollani and the Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia Orchestra, conducted by the Maestro John Fiore. Music by Bernstein, Gershwin and Ravel;
- last concert of the Umbria Jazz 13 main programme Sunday, July 15th, 2013 starting at 21:00. More than a concert, a trip. "Brasilian Night" with Gal Costa and Gilberto Gil.
Each day the Arena will open at 19:00, and at the bar and restaurant adjacent to the Main Stage you can enjoy food & drink, being able to listen to live performances by Tuck & Patti from 19:30.
THE JAZZ AT THE MORLACCHI THEATRE & "JAZZ GOES TO THE MUSEUM" AT THE GALLERIA NAZIONALE DELL'UMBRIA, SALA PODIANI
The Teatro Morlacchi for years now houses the "traditional" jazz line-up of UJ. No exception for the 40th anniversary. Protagonists, from Saturday, July 6th, 2013, Igor Butman and the Moscow Jazz Orchestra; the encounter between the Cuban pianist Omar Sosa and the trumpet master Paolo Fresu; Quintorigo; Gregory Porter; Terence Blanchard; between jazz & flamenco with Michel Camilo and Tomatito; Brandford Marsalis Quartet; Hiromi Trio Project and many more.
Concerts at 17:00 and / or 'round Midnight.
The Sala Podiani of the the Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria will host a series of events, all at 17:00, called Jazz Goes to the Museum. Danilo Rea & Renato Sellani will pay homage to Armando Trovajoli on July 8th. Tuesday, July 9th "the odd couple" formed by the Colombian harp of Edmar Castaneda and the clarinet by Gabriele Mirabassi. Wednesday, July 10th, 2013, space to the winner, best talent, of the 2012 Top Jazz, Enrico Zanisi, and his Trio.
THE NEW JAZZ AT THE PALAZZO DELLA PENNA: UMBRIA JAZZ MEETS THE YOUNG JAZZ FESTIVAL
Between the Corte and the Strada Romana of the Palazzo della Penna researches and experimentations with the now consolidated union between Umbria Jazz Festival and the Young Jazz Festival of Foligno. In the 2 weekends of the Festival space to young artists and to the more contemporary version of the genre with João Lobo, Zeno De Rossi, Jeff Ballard and Lionel Loueke.
MUSIC, AND NOT ONLY, AT THE BOTTEGA DEL VINO AND TAVERNA. FREE CONCERTS: PIAZZA IV NOVEMBRE, THE GIARDINI CARDUCCI AND THE STREET PARADE
At the Bottega del Vino and the restaurant La Taverna will be possible to combine good music and good food with Jazz Aperitif, Jazz Lunch, Jazz Dinner, Jazz Wine & gourmet cuisine. At the Giardini Carducci Non Stop Music - Self Service Restaurant & Snacks from 13:00 till past midnight. The artists of this section will be, for example, Bobby Jones & The Nashville Super Choir, Allan Harris, Stefano, Four Vegas, DJ Ralf and Funk Off.
2013 CONAD JAZZ CONTEST, SECOND EDITION
Umbria Jazz 13 will host the 2nd edition of Conad Jazz Contest, a National music competition organized in partnership between the Fondazione di Partecipazione Umbria Jazz and Conad. The 9 finalists (the last will be decided by the online community of UJ, until May 26th) will have the opportunity to perform in the afternoon at the Conad Stage set up at the Giardini Carducci.
2013 BERKLEE SUMMER SCHOOL AT UMBRIA JAZZ CLINICS
From July 2nd to 14th will be held the twenty-eighth edition of the summer seminars held by the school world leader in music teaching, the Berklee College of Music. The best students of the Clinics will form an ensemble for the free concert Berklee / Umbria Jazz Clinics Award Group.
For more information and to purchase tickets please consult the official website umbriajazz.com.
In Perugia not only Jazz concerts to listen, you will live it in full: for example, from July 5th to 14th, 2013 the Hotel Brufani Palace will host the triptych of works by the artist Michele Bocelli "All is Jazz". 3 rounds, oil technique on wood and gilding, two of 110 cm diameter and one of 99 cm, narrating the history of Jazz inspired by the music critic Arrigo Polillo. Depicted Louis Armstrong, Charles Mingus, Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis and other legends.
Per ricevere news via e-mail su Umbria Jazz 13 - 40° Anniversario lascia la tua email nel box sotto: