Citerna, one of I Borghi più Belli d'Italia (The Most Beautiful Villages of Italy), is ready to host the 5th edition of CiternaFotografia, Alta Valle Tiberina Photo Festival dedicated to the relative art and its ability to investigate the human soul.
After the preview of the April 7th, 2013, starting at 9:30 from the piazzetta of Citerna with "Click and go" - photo report of the Upper Tiber Valley in Vespa (organized in collaboration with the Vespa Club of Città di Castello. 25 Vespa's riders will lead 25 photographers on a journey through the borghi of the Upper Tiber Valley: Anghiari, Sansepolcro, San Giustino, Città di Castello, Umbertide and Citerna. At each stop will be made a photographic reading of the territory), the Festival will take place from April 27th April to June 9th, 2013.
Theme of 2013 CiternaFotografia will be "linea di confine" ("border line"), which can be seen from many points of view: for example as a theater of war, of time or even between life and death. And many will will also be the tools with which it will be investigated, through exhibitions, lectures, portfolio readings, meetings and workshops.
The visitable exhibitions will be:
- Francesco Cito COMA - VITE SOSPESE (COMA - SUSPENDED LIVES). Sale del Palazzo Comunale, ground floor;
- Francesco Cito AFGHANISTAN, LA GUERRA INFINITA (AFGHANISTAN, THE ENDLESS WAR). Sale del Palazzo Comunale, ground floor;
- Antonio Manta 19 METRI QUADRATI D'INFERNO (19 SQUARE METERS OF HELL. Reportage in a bar of a remote village in Zambia, Africa). Sale del Palazzo Comunale, ground floor;
- Alberto Maretti GYUMRI, ARMENIA (before and after the 1988 earthquake). Curated by Sandro Iovine, Sale del Palazzo Comunale, ground floor;
- Tommaso Protti TURKISH BLUE GOLD (2012 Portfolio Italia winner). Sale del Palazzo Comunale, first floor;
- Marika Puicher NEL NOME DEI FIGLI (2012 Portfolio Citerna section winner). Sale del Palazzo Comunale, first floor;
- collective exhibition GLI OCCHI DELLA SPERANZA (THE EYES OF THE HOPE. Travel journal of the "Gli Occhi della Speranza" Onlus in Zambia), photo by Gianfranco Amadori, Andrea Braschi, Carlo Landucci, Paolo Pagni, Fulvio Zubiani. Sale del Palazzo Comunale, first floor;
- Giuseppe Carotenuto INDIPENDENCE DAYS IN TUNISI - IL MARTIRE INVOLONTARIO DELLA FELICITÀ (THE INVOLUNTARILY MARTYR OF THE HAPPINESS). Sala degli Ammassi;
- Mauro Prandelli EVROS PORTA ORIENTALE D'EUROPA, UN MURO CONTRO L'IMMIGRAZIONE (EVROS EASTERN EUROPE DOOR, A WALL AGAINST IMMIGRATION). Curated by Sandro Iovine, Sala degli Ammassi;
- collective exhibition by Perugia & Umbria INSTAGRAMERS which, also, will interact with the audience of the Festival. Sala degli Ammassi;
- exhibit curated by Giovanna Griffo for maxartis.it. Theme IL VIAGGIO (THE JOURNEY) - "The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes" (Marcel Proust). Sala degli Ammassi;
- Roberto Carnevali WONDERLAND - Terra delle Meraviglie. Casa Prosperi - Vitelli.
The exhibits can be visited from 10:00 to 13:00 & 16:00 to 19:00 from Monday to Friday. Saturday & Sunday from 10:00 to 13:00 and from 16:00 to 19:30.
You can find some other solo and group shows in some shop of Citerna thanks to CITERNA OFF. Sara Lusini at "Le Civette" restaurant, Sansepolcro Photo Club at the Piccolo Museo di Fighille, Citerna hamlet (until May 12th). On the first floor of the Palazzo Comunale instead "will rotate" Gruppo Istanti Perugia (until May 10th), the Imago Arezzo Photografic Association (May 11th to 24th, 2013) and last, but not least, Centro fotografico Tifernate (from May 25th to June 9th, 2013).
Among the guests, meetings & conferences you will find the meeting with the photographers Francesco Cito and Antonio Manta - moderator Sandro Iovine of the magazine Il Fotografo, Saturday, April 27th, 2013, 16:30 Bontempelli Theatre. Sunday, April 28th, but always at Bontempelli starting at 21:00 Onlus Night with "Gli Occhi della Speranza": meeting with the photographers Gianfranco Amadori, Andrea Braschi, Carlo Landucci, Paolo Pagni & Fulvio Zubiani. Last date for this section Sunday, May 5, 2013 at 17:00 with the Sandro Iovine's Conference on "The Photojournalism in Italy".
Many will also be the Workshops:
- "Camera raw portrait" with Giovanna Griffo (free);
- photography workshop for children "the self-portrait rather than photographic" by Sandra Lusini (free);
- "Photography Technique in the concerts' photography - the audience and the musicians - the photographic composition - the " musicality" in the picture" by Piero Pincipi (free);
- "Stampa Fine Art" by Antonio Manta;
- "Street Photography" by Felix Lupa (in English);
- "Experience or language: the relationship between reality and photographic reality in the era of the iPhone" by Augusto Pieroni.
For more information about the artists, guests, the time-table and reservations, we refer to the official website of the Festival citernafotografia.org.
Per ricevere news via e-mail su CiternaFotografia 2013, 5a edizione lascia la tua email nel box sotto: