The 2012 is about to end. Not a easy year, at least for the vast majority of the Italians. That hope, sincerely, to have a better 2013. And in the right way to start the new year, what better place of the Umbria?
Whatever you want to do: rest and relaxation, away from everyone? Check out our offers for the 2012 New Year's Eve and 2013 New Year's Day in Umbria. You love Umbrian delicacies, and you would like them on your table for the 2012 New Year's Eve dinner? Take a look at our selection of agritourisms in Umbria. And after the New Year's Eve dinner, maybe you would like to go in the square and celebrate watching the fireworks and listening to good music? The Green Heart of Italy can offer you all these things, even at the same time...
December 31st, 2012 - PARTIES IN THE SQUARES
Between concerts and fireworks will be many Umbrian towns to make a toast in the square:
- Perugia's historic center will be invaded by traders that will set up a number of stalls and stands, theatre of enthralling DJ Sets. Then will be dancing outdoors until the stroke of midnight when, as every year, there will be a great show of fireworks in the Giardini Carducci, Piazza Italia;
- in Terni, Piazza della Repubblica, from 22:00 New Year's Eve concert with the bands "Why not" and “Avviso di sfratto”;
- in Gubbio from 22:30 Capodanno in Piazza Grande with live music and the classic strokes, at 23:53, by the "Campanone";
- in Todi End of year party starting at 23:00, Piazza del Popolo, with DJ set by Paolo Mancinelli;
- Piazza Matteotti will host the Capodanno in Piazza of Città di Castello, starting at 20:00, with live music by "L'alternativa";
- in Castiglione del Lago, Lake Trasimeno, “Ultimo dell'anno in piazza” starting at 22:00 at Piazza Mazzini, with a concert by the "PE.ZZA: BAND";
- 2 the squares to host the Capodanno of Spoleto, for “Notte di Capodanno nelle Piazze”, starting at 23:00. At Piazza della Libertà the famous "Cazacu's Dancing Fountains" typical of the Plaza de Espagna in Barcelona, mix of colors, suggestions and music. At Piazza Garibaldi revival of the 70s and 80s and House Music with DJ Marco Lux and Frankie Caruso Musica;
- in Umbertide Capodanno in Piazza with live music;
- in Montone “Aspetta con noi l'arrivo del 2013...” ("Wait with us the arrival of 2013..."). From 22:30 at Piazza Fortebraccio fireworks and live music with Malavida Negrita Cover and DJ Moreno Carlicchi (revival);
December 31st, 2012 - MUSIC FESTIVALS
In Orvieto reaches the 20th edition Umbria Jazz Winter. Born in 1993, also this year will have an interesting programme, prepared by the artistic director Carlo Pagnotta. On the night in between New Year's Eve and January 1st, 2013 two great New Year's dinners, at the Al San Francesco and at La Penisola of Baschi. And at midnight a lot of music among Palazzo del Popolo, Teatro Mancinelli and Palazzo dei Sette.
January 1st, 2013 - NEW YEAR'S DAY CONCERTS
- in Castiglione del Lago, Church of Santa Maria Maddalena and starting from 21:15, the Followers of Christ will close the 2012-2013 Umbria Gospel Festival. Free admission;
- in Orvieto unfailing Messa della Pace & Gospel with The Nashville Gospel Superchoir starting from 17:00, Duomo;
- in Narni Concerto di Capodanno from 17:00, Teatro Comunale “Giuseppe Manini”, with the Filarmonica Città di Narni. Free admission;
- same time for the New Year's Day Concert at the Teatro Nuovo "Gian Carlo Menotti" of Spoleto, by the Banda Musicale Città di Spoleto. Admission fee;
- the church of S. Magno of Amelia will host, from 17:30, "Pastorali e Canti di Natale" ("Pastoral and Christmas carols"). By the Corale Amerina and with the organist Maestro Wijnand van de Pol.
January 1st, 2013 - MISCELLANEOUS
If you like the crib art numerous seasons (such as those of Massa Martana, Città di Castello, Cascia and Assisi) can be visited on the first day of the year. But also a lot of Living Nativity scenes will make representations, for example at the Marmore Falls and in all the villages of the Valnerina.
The Christmas markets, in some towns in Umbria active until January 6th, 2013, will amuse maybe your desire to do shopping. Click here to learn more about the Umbrian Christmas markets and cribs.
Not to mention that Umbria offers, all year round, art, food & wine and quality of life. What are you waiting for? There will definitely be something for you in our offers for the 2013 New Year's Day in Umbria!