From April 25th, 2013 will kick off the new edition, the 34th, of the Discesa Internazionale del Tevere (International Descent of the Tiber) - In Canoa sul Tevere da Città di Castello a Roma (Canoeing on the River Tiber from Città di Castello to Rome) through guided routes. The last stage, that of the Italian capital, is scheduled for May 1st, 2013.
The event combines nature, sport and outdoor, crossing the river valley and some of the most beautiful views of Umbria and Lazio, tourism, history, culture and art, visiting important and interesting places and archaeological sites such as the Roman town of Otriculum. And is open to all considering that you can also rent the equipment and the presence of introductory courses in canoeing for beginners.
The news that leaps to the eye of DIT2013 is that you can do it even on foot thanks to the first Cammina sul Tevere (Walks on the Tiber), and for some routes, always guided, by bike too.
The Descent consists of 7 stages, in 7 days, 20 kilometers each, plus 2 "pre-descents":
- Sunday, April 21st, 2013 River Aniene pre-descent, from Lunghezza to Montesacro (Rome);
- Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 pre-descent from Sansepolcro to Città di Castello;
- Thursday, April 25th, 2013 the first stage, Città di Castello - Umbertide;
- Friday, April 26th, 2013 Umbertide - Pretola (Perugia);
- Saturday, April 27th, 2013 Pretola - Sant'Angelo di Celle (Deruta);
- Sunday, April 28th, 2013 Pontecuti (Todi) - Lake Corbara;
- Monday, April 29th, 2013 Attigliano - Otricoli;
- Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 Civita Castellana - Nazzano;
- Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 the last stage, Rome, from Castel Giubileo to San Pietro.
Different and numerous overnight accommodation possibilities. Along the Tiber with tents. In camper. In gyms. On farmholidays and B&B's. The dinners will be instead in common, and organized by local associations.
Attached you will find the programme of DIT2013, with all the phone numbers.
For more information and reservations, see discesadeltevere.org and / or discesateverecanoa2013.blogspot.it/, Mail email@example.com, Ph. (+39) 347 2439715.