http://www.bellaumbria.net/wp-content/themes/bellaumbria/overlay/home.jpg
Suche nach Hotels und Agriturismo
1  Zimmer  2  Erwachsene  0  Kinder
OK
Palazzo Dei Consoli

Palazzo dei Consoli

Typologie:
  • Geschichte und Archaologie
Adresse : Piazza Grande - Gubbio
Telefon: (+39) 075 9274298

Beschreibung

The imposing complex of Palazzo dei Consoli, of Pretorio Palace and the square which links them were constructed during the XIV century. The deliberations of 1321 and 1322 commanded that the buildings had to be erected in a place touching all the different quarters of the town. For these reasons, the public buildings were realized so as to meet all the areas of town in a dedalus of magnificent beauty. 
 

To fulfill the task, the land had to be deeply modified, and huge vaults were constructed in order to support this hanging square, which is supposed to be the biggest hanging square in the world. The architectural complex has a uniform style, revealing the conscience of a new civilization. 
oncerning this, G.De Angelis D'Ossat writes as follows : "the recovery of frontality, the taste for classical proportions, the reject of pointed arc, and the naiv semplicity of the implantation are all conquests which will bloom,the century after, in the Florence Renaissance".


Matteo di Giovannello, said the Gattapone, realized the two buildings: the first, the Consul Palace, destined to being the seat of the Magistracy of the free Commun and the other, Pretorio Palace, residence of the podesta. 
The marvelous door of the Consuls Palace has to be attributed to Angelo da Orvieto. Today is the Commun to own the two buildings. The Consuls Palace hosts the archeological museum at which inside the eugubine tables are stored, definetly the most important document for the history of the ancient italic people.